Member of Health-Care Team CNA Practice Questions
Before undergoing your certification as a certified nursing assistant, it is best to go over some CNA test practice questions to hone your skill. It will also help you to know the CNA questions and answers to help prepare for both written and practical examinations.
The scope and range per exam varies depending on what state you live in, but the knowledge base is usually the same. Nursing assistant test practice questions cover the different skills you need to work in a team: from team management, interpersonal skills, legal and ethical ramifications of your job, as well as patient rights.
Here are some examples of questions you may face:
1. Which of the following is an example of verbal communication?
b. Body language
2. Nonverbal communication is defined as:
a. Sending and receiving messages without the use of speech
b. Any communication where words or speech are used
c. Touching your patient in a reassuring manner
d. Keeping quiet when patients are in need
3. A device used to replace a missing body part that has been removed due to injury or disease is called a:
a. Rotation, external
4. An ombudsman:
a. Runs nursing home groups
b. Is designed to work with nursing homes to protect patient rights
c. Budgets and handles logistics for nursing homes
d. Prepares modules and outlines for nurse aides on specific topics
5. Which of the following best describes your role as a CNA?
a. Helps out the Resident Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurses
b. Works to ensure moral and ethical patient care
c. Follows a set of moral actions when conducting actions
d. Provides personalized assistance and care for residents/patients
6. Your resident’s boyfriend asks about the condition of your patient. What do you answer?
a. You share the patient’s condition immediately
b. You do not share the information, and inform the boyfriend that he must leave
c. You give the boyfriend a copy of the patient’s chart
d. You do not share the information, since the boyfriend is not in the resident’s immediate family
7. The CNA finds a resident lying on the floor. The resident is lucid and conscious.
Your FIRST course of action should be:
a. Help the client upright
b. Call for assistance, from the resident nurse or any similar authority
c. Give the client fluid/food
d. Check for injuries
8. In what way is empathy best demonstrated?
a. Sharing your emotions with residents, and crying right along with them
b. Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes
c. Doing everything your patients ask you to do, even going the extra mile
d. Putting yourself ahead of others
9. You hold a resident down during a breakout in a mental hospital where the resident is intent on
harming themselves or others. Are you liable for assault and battery?
10. Which of your team members is tasked to plan your client’s exercise programs?
a. A physiotherapist
b. The rehabilitation specialist
c. YOU, as the CNA
d. The resident nurse
Answer Key: 1)A; 2)A; 3)B; 4)B; 5)D; 6)D; 7)B; 8)B; 9)B; 10)A